To qualify for this opportunity, APPLY IN PERSON AT STRICK TRAILERS, LLC, 301 N. Polk Street, Monroe, IN. 46770 and fill out an application between 7:00am and 3:00pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Have operational experience on a Press, Plasma Shear, Whitney, and Turret machine.
- Lay-out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Study engineering shop drawings, blueprints, work orders and production schedules to determine specifications such as materials to be used, dimensions and tolerances.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brake presses, shears, saws and plasma tables.
- Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, using gauges, calipers, templates, or tape measures.
- Install, align, and lock/flip specified punches, dies, or other fixtures in rams or bed of brake press, using hand tools.
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Sweep and organize work areas.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to learn the assembly process to fabricate materials for each department within the requirements.
- Ability to interpret blue prints and drawings.
- Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions and using a tape measure.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Being reliable, responsible and dependable.
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout a 10 hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of a 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry awkward sized product, up to 63 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 63 pounds several times per shift.